This is what you are about to Download
Using PowerPoint in the ESL Classroom, Article by Futonge Kisito
Description of our 55 Powerpoint Downloads.
PACK 1- Lessons for Kindergarten to Primary 1 (Absolute Beginners & Beginners)
- My ABC- Teach Letters of the Alphabet
- Animals - What's your favourite Animal?-Farm Animal lesson
- Animal Sound Effects: Use Animal Sound effects to do memory exercises
- My Birthday : How old are you- Teach numbers 1-10 while teaching kids to ask about age.
- My Body: This is my face: Teach parts of the body with this excellent lesson.
- Colors: Kids love colors- Use this lesson to teach them names of colors
- Days of the week: Monday, Tuesday etc. What day is today?
- Weather lesson- Short version- What's the weather like today?
- My family tree- Teach vocabulary related to family members
- Our Pets: Names of pets- iguana, lizard, snake etc.
- Shapes- What shape is this? Teach rectangle, square etc.
- Farm animals simplified
- Singular/ Plural- A peach, two peaches
- My toys : Teach kids the names of toys: Excellent also for teaching spelling
- Zoo Animals- What animals are in the zoo?
PACK 2 - Lessons for Primary 2 to 4 (Elementary)
- Clothes and weather lesson : It's cold, put on your sunglasses.
- Country names memory lesson : using flags and national hymns
- Drinks: What do you want to drink? orange juice, water etc.
- Food: Things we eat. cake, muffins, hamburger etc.
- Fruits: What fruit is this? Apple, banana etc.
- Helping at home: sweep the floor, clean etc.
- Jobs and occupations: What does he do?Policeman etc.
- Meat: sausages, beef, pork etc.
- Months of the year: January, February, March
- Phonetics: Vowel sounds phonetic lesson
- Prepositions of place: Where is the printer? behind, on, next to
- Quantifiers: A piece of cake, a slice of bread etc.
- Seasons: What season is this? Spring, summer, winter, Autumn
- Sports: What sport do you like? baseball, basketball, footballetc.
- Time: What time is it? It's ten o'clock.
- Transport: How do I get to the train station? By bus, by taxi
- Weather: What's the weather like today?(shorter version)
- Weather2: What's the weather like today? (Longer version)
- Where is he from? He is from Canada. Country names
PACK 3- English Lessons for Primary 5 to 7 Kids (Pre-intermediate)
- Comparatives: Which country is bigger? big, bigger
- Countries and capitals memory Game on Powerpoint
- Describing functions of a camera. Can it..? Does it..?
- Olympic sports: What games are usually played at the olympics?
- Petshop: Comparing the prices of animals: Parrots are as expensive as iguanas.
- Basic Polite expressions
- General Knowledge quiz: Geography, History, Science and Techno, culture
- Shopping for an Mp3 players(listening exercise- click on the picture to hear dialogue)
- Sport equipment: What do we need to play games with?-bat, helmet etc.
- Summer vacation: summer holiday activities.
- Superlatives: Which is the biggest...? Bi, bigger, the biggest.
- Travel: things to take: luggage etc.
- Travel: goint to go to Egypt: Using going to for future
- Vegetables: buying for vegetables
- What do we have to do? Job responsibilities
- electronic devices: The modern age
PACK 4 - General Vocabulary Lessons for Students
- Audio Devices: Teach vocabulary related to audion devices
- Basic Shopping expressions
- Computer Accessories
- Consumer Electronics-The modern age
- Electrical devices
- Office- office machines
- Office furniture
- 5 other devices we use- electric iron, telescope
- More prepositions( this one has no sound recording)
- Simple negotiation expressions
- Travelers English- Travel documents, passport etc.
- Video devices
FAQS(Frequently Asked Questions)
- Q) How are the videos different from the ones on this site?
- A) They are bigger in size and clearer. File size on internet 384 by 240- File size on CD 640 by 480 & 800 by 600.
- Q) Why should I buy videos which are already free on this site?
- A) Videos open slowly on the net. Also you may not always have access to the internet. Above all browsing offline is much faster.Also as earlier mentioned, the Videos on CD-ROM are larger and clearer.
- Q) What language skills can students acquire through these videos?
- A) Students can practice all four skill except writing- use our free worksheets to teach writing
- Q) How is the learning accomplished?
- A) Basically they see visuals and hear it read(listening), then they repeat(speaking & pronunciation), word pop out on the screen with the visuals(reading),- Generally, vocabulary is learnt while engaging and practising many other language skills.
- Q) On what platform can we use this CD?
- A) This is a CD-ROM with videos, but it is not same as the VCD you play on a DVD or VCD Player(machine)- A CD-ROM can only be used on a computer.
- Q) How do I make payments?
- A) Easy with PAYPAL- Click on the button below to pay by credit card or through your PAYPAL account.
Visit our ESL Shop for other cheaper ESL Shopping solutions.
ESL Shop- Buy stuff for your teaching- Easy
Reasons why you should use our materials
- Tested and proven to be highly successful for teaching kids.
- Embedded audio recording and sound effects to maximise memory of new words
- For large classes with projectors, this CD is a lifesaver. For one to one teaching, nothing matches it's effectiveness.
- Video tutorial included to help those who are not familiar with powerpoint.
- Lessons that make teachers look professional- All done for you by an experienced kid teacher
- Even as an experienced teacher, you may find yourself doing a poor lesson sometimes, because you did not have enough time to plan your lessons.
- This is a free site and I would love to give you everything free as I have already done on the ESL Galaxy(one of my ESL sites) But unfortunately, this website is expensive to host. I am only a poor teacher with a meagre salary trying to help you out. 5 to 6 years ago I knew the difficulty of being a newbie in teaching. But after 5 to 6 years I have polished my skills and wish to share my stuff with teachers and parents in need. Also I like to save you lesson planning time.